Pathways Church believes in cultivating healthy marriages, mending broken ones and restoring hope in situations of divorce. We seek to equip couples to meet spiritual milestones and to guide them through the various stages of life and family.
If you are a member or regular attender of Pathways Church we offer premarital classes in the spring and fall of the year. We require completion of this class for any couple desiring to be married at Pathways campus or by any member of the pastoral team. We understand that there are living arrangements that have been in place prior to the engagement and attendance at Pathways Church. We strive to help each couple on the right biblical track in their marriage. It is recommended that if couples are living together prior to marriage that they abstain from physical intimacy until the wedding night. The cost of the Premarital class is $30.00 per couple and is held on the Pathways campus on a Sunday morning at 9AM for 6 consecutive weeks.
Please fill out the registration form if you are interested in the premarital classes.
If you are a couple who want to enrich your marriage or may be in a challenging place in your relationship and you are both ready to make a change, we have trained mentor couples who deeply care about seeing your marriage be all God intends it to be. Think of marriage mentoring in the same way you would if you were to enlist to the help of a personal trainer, a car mechanic, a doctor or dentist, or even a financial planner; in each of these areas we enlist their help to improve our life in a specific way. In the same way it is beneficial to invest in your marriage to keep it healthy and running smoothly. Every once in a while we run into trouble and need someone else’s perspective. Marriage Mentors help walk alongside you and help guide you through the difficulties.
To begin the process of improving and enhancing your marriage you can sign up for marriage mentoring by completing the form below. The cost is $50.00 which includes a workbook and survey. Premarital mentoring is an additional $30.00 for an additional workbook. Once you have completed the form below you will be sent an application from our Community Outreach Dept.
Becoming a Marriage Mentor
Pathways Church wants to connect couples to build better marriages. Marriage Mentors are couples within Pathways Church who are not counselors, but regular people who have gone through their own ups and downs in marriage and are willing to help others get to the other side. They reinforce the strengths of the couples with whom they work, while modeling and teaching the communication skills needed for enduring, fulfilling relationships. A Mentor Couple usually meets privately with the engaged or married couple assigned to them, but may also participate in planning and leading group sessions, such as seminars on communication, conflict-management, or financial planning. They also participate in regular team meetings for ongoing training and support.Training is provided to each mentor couple through Pathways Church following the Dare to be Different/ Love and Respect training.
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor Couple, please complete this registration form.
We are so excited to serve you during the process of marriage and wedding planning. We offer many resources to help you plan and execute your rehearsal and wedding.
Though the culture has evolving definitions of marriage, we believe that it is God alone who has the ultimate authority to prescribe and describe the marital relationship (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:1-9; Mark 10:1-12). Because of this understanding, we will only recognize marriages that meet the biblical definition: a covenant relationship between one gender-normative man and one gender-normative woman. The pastors, ministers and staff of Pathways Church will only participate in weddings and officiate marriages that meet this definition, and the facilities and property of Pathways Church will only host marriage ceremonies that meet this definition.
Holidays and Weddings
Weddings and rehearsals may not be scheduled on Easter weekend, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the day and week following Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Scheduling a Wedding
Please complete the wedding application below to indicate the day you want to have your wedding. You cannot schedule a wedding more than one year ahead of time and no less than five months from your desired date. Our Community Outreach Pastor will contact you to confirm availability. Confirmation does not guarantee the date for your wedding. The date will only be held when we receive the wedding application and $250 deposit.
- Once we confirm your desired date you will receive an email indicating that we received your application and booked your date. Our wedding coordinator will then set up a meeting to discuss the church's policies.
- All couples must complete an approved premarital counseling course before marriage. Please bring a copy of your course completion certificate to your meeting with the wedding coordinator.
- One month prior to your wedding, our wedding coordinator will meet with you to discuss final details, including ceremony specifics, decorations and production needs. The remaining balance is due at this meeting.
Requesting a Pastor
- If you would like to request a specific pastor from Pathways Church to officiate your wedding, please have a conversation with that pastor prior to filling out the application; otherwise a pastor will be assigned based on availability.
- You may not schedule a pastor from Pathways Church to perform your ceremony more than one year ahead of time and must request one no later than 5 months prior to your wedding date. (Based on availability)
- All couples being married by a pastor from Pathways Church must complete an approved premarital counseling course before marriage.
- The pastoral fee of $250 must be paid directly to the pastor on the day of the wedding.