Freedom Center Food Pantry
- We seek to bring a measure of love and peace through sharing the blessings of food and other resources with those who are in need.
- To serve as God's hands and help feed the hungry, we will be a supplement to the family's source of bringing food into their home.
- The Freedom Center is located in one of the largest poverty pockets in the Fox Valley. With the help of a few churches working together, the pantry opened in the early part of 2010. During the first few months, they served 14 families per week. They are now up to over 300 families per week.
- As hunger is a reality in our community and continues to grow, the pantry will continue serving the need. Pathways Church has committed to partner with them in meeting this practical need.
- If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, 'The seventh year, the year of release is near,' and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord again you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, 'You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land." - Deuteronomy 15:7-11
Ways to Serve
- Pick up donations from Wal-Mart or Kwik-Trip
- Unload and put away donations
- Assist guests as they shop and checkout, using a point system
- Assist with special projects such as painting, clothes distribution, landscape, etc.