City on a Hill is a catalyst working to transform the lives of youth and families in Milwaukee's central city neighborhoods and to overcome poverty and injustice, through a collaborative and Christ-centered model of service.
City on a Hill is a faith-based nonprofit organization located in the heart of Milwaukee, working as a catalyst to bring transformation to individuals, families and neighborhoods in the central city.
- Youth Center: Open daily from 3-7PM, the Youth Center is a safe place for youth from the surrounding neighborhoods to participate in creative arts, life skills workshops, computer lab, tutoring help, risk prevention programs, leadership training and recreational activities.
- Pulse Youth Group: Every Tuesday night at 6PM, youth from all over Milwaukee's central city gather to connect with God and each other. After a hot meal and fellowship, youth worship the Lord in song and receive a message that focuses on deepening their relationship with God.
- Children's Programs: Programs for children and youth are central to the mission of City on a Hill. JAM (Jesus and Me) Kids Club is held weekly throughout the school year to develop character, leadership, social skills and understanding of biblical principles.
- Family Events: Majoy holidays and festive events at other times of the year enable City on a HIll to form relationships with the families who live in the surrounding area or have children who are involved in the programs. The main focus of Big Events is to reach out to the parents of children who participate in the organization's programs. These are times intended for fun and for building a sense of community. Families see the gospel in action in an atmosphere of love at City on a HIll.
Ways You Can Serve
- Saturday, December 10 from 8AM-7PM City on a Hill Health Clinic
- Medical and non-medical volunteers needed including nurses, doctors, dentists, and medical assistants
- Medical volunteers will meet with guests to provide minimal health services
- Areas of serving that day include food service, food pantry, clothing store, guest reception and prayer
- Saturday, December 18 from 8AM-6PM City on a Hill Christmas Party
- This is a special time for staff to celebrate Christmas with the families involved in the organization's program
- Presents are given to all of the children; bedding and household items are given to the parents
- The Christmas Party activities include face painting, balloon animals, Christmas crafts, family portraits, cookie decorating, and a special Christmas program
- Adults who attend receive items from the Family Resource Center
- Next step of relationship: promote winter programs, invite families to participate in upcoming programs
For more information attend the Outreach meeting in Room 206 on Sunday, November 20 following each service.